Over 200 affordable Optivo homes to be delivered at one of the UK’s most ambitious regeneration projects

 

11 July 2022

IMAGE: A computer generated image of The Green Quarter


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We've been chosen as the partner organisation to work with Berkeley to deliver 249 affordable homes at one of the most ambitious regeneration projects in the UK.

The Green Quarter, in Ealing, west London, will feature 3,750 high-quality new homes built in phases across the 88-acre brownfield site, of which 30 per cent will be affordable homes.

With nature at its heart, The Green Quarter is set to become one of the most biodiverse developments in the country, with two brand new parks providing over 13 acres of new parkland and wetlands. At least 2,500 trees are also being planted.

Of the 249 new homes being delivered as part of Phase 3 of this groundbreaking development, 45 per cent will be London Affordable Rent, while the other 55 per cent will be dedicated Shared Ownership homes. The
apartments, which are due to complete in phases from 2024, will be spread across four buildings and are designed to blend effortlessly within the surrounding area.

Richard White, Executive Director for Development and Sales at Optivo, said: “We’re pleased to be partnering with Berkeley on this incredible project. This is a fantastic opportunity to build much needed, quality affordable housing in one of our key areas with a hugely respected delivery partner. We’ve a proven track record of being involved with big, successful regeneration projects in the capital. Our team is excited to get started and we can’t wait to create even more homes for Londoners.”

Marcus Blake, managing director at Berkeley St George City, said: “At The Green Quarter we’re transforming a brownfield site into a place overflowing with nature, with homes, amenities and green spaces for local people as well as new residents. We want this to be a community for all and that’s why we’ve committed to 30 per cent of the homes being affordable, including this partnership with Optivo.”

Phase 3 of The Green Quarter will be surrounded by leafy, tree-lined streets and includes 645 homes in total. This part of the scheme aims to establish a new community, with high-quality, purpose-built housing for a range of tenures. The new residents will live in an attractive environment, with child play space and landscaped communal open green areas for people to meet and relax.

The first phase of the 4.5-acre park, Central Gardens, provides seating in an outdoor amphitheatre, an open lawn, children’s playspace and over 250 trees, all set within a range of ecologically rich planting. Later this month, a programme of film nights and live sport, including Cricket and Commonwealth Games, will begin at The Green Quarter’s open air screen.

Over 1km of reinstated tow path along the Grand Union Canal has already been provided and a new footbridge linking to the adjacent 90-acre Minet Country Park is planned in the future, along with retail, leisure and community facilities.