Adaptations in your home

Image: A woman holding onto a hand rail in her homeIf you need help getting around your home, then we'll do all we can to make sure your home meets your needs.

We can provide equipment and make adaptations to your home so you can remain independent.

You can make a request for aids and adaptations you require in your home by completing the online application form in MyAccount.

Go to MyAccount

Minor adaptations

Minor adaptations are small adjustments to your home. These can be arranged without referrals from an occupational therapist. 

These include things like:

  • Handrails over the bath
  • Handrails to the outside of the front or back door

Please contact us to discuss further.

What if I need major alterations to my home?

Major adaptations are funded by a Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) available from your local authority.

You need to have an assessment from an occupational therapist. Your occupational therapist will tell you how to apply for a DFG. This may vary depending on where you live.  

Some examples of major adaptations are: 

  • Access ramps
  • Level access showers
  • Wheelchair accessible kitchens.

We need to give our permission for any grant funded adaptations. Your local authority will contact us directly about this.  

Alternatively, we may be able to help you with moving to a more suitable home that better suits your needs. You can make a request for any home improvements you'd like using our online service MyAccount.

Go to MyAccount

Also in this section: